Saturday, July 17, 2010

J's First Fish On a Fly



Yesterday evening J and I went to a gorgeous little lake on the Idaho boarder and we fly fished our guts out. Lucky for us their were ample rainbow trout eager to bite at our dry fly. J watched me catch the first fish then it was her turn and within a few minutes she had her first trout hooked. I'm pretty sure she is hooked too because I had to pry the fly rod out of her hands when it was time to go home.

The fish was a little slippery for this first time fly fisher and she dropped him in the dust. That's why he looks like a "brown" trout and not a rainbow trout. We promptly washed him off and he swam away happily.

2 comments:

Andrew M. Wayment said...

I know exactly where you guys were fishing. It was . . . ha ha just kidding. That is a fun place. Glad to hear that your wife caught some too.

Calli said...

Eric she is Adorable!! It looks like fun!!