Thursday, October 20, 2011

North Dakota

My favorite place to be in October.

Our dog Lady is officially ten years old, but you'd never know that our half Brittany Spaniel/ half German Shorthair mutt was a day over two. Lady did a fabulous job. We all killed roosters over point, and she did a great job of chasing down some wounded birds. I could not ask for a better dog.

This trip is also the first wild pheasant hunt for my nephews. Jed was the only one who was able to shoot this year, but Jake & Seth did a great job chasing roosters and busting the brush.

I loved having Seth hunt with us(smallest of the three). Every time we stopped at a new field we would ask who Jake and Seth wanted to hunt with and Seth always wanted to tag along with his Uncle Eric. I was honored. He kept up and never complained once. Interesting note about Seth, he ate a bacon cheeseburger at every meal. Except twice when he ordered steak and eggs.

My dad is getting older, but you never would have guessed if you watched him chase down Pheasants. He is a blast to hunt with.

We call my brother-in-law James the meat master, since he can always manages to catch his limit of fish or shoot his limit of roosters.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love you guys! Those hats are the best!! Thanks for taking my boys with you.

Eastern Shore Outdoors said...

Great post...

Gary Thompson said...

I have to go to Williston, ND next month for work....not my favorite place to be in January. What a difference a couple of months makes.