Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Turkey Day

Gobble Gobble, this week will be my first ever Turkey Hunt. I will actually just be shooting my new Nikon D40 camera. My best friend Landon and his little bro Dallin will be doing the shooting. We are heading to Southern Utah to the Boulder Mountains. I will be taking my fly rod just in case, the ice is off on some of the lakes.

This week will be hell till Wednesday afternoon. It is finals week and the stress is on, so a good outing will be just what my tired brain needs.

Lots of people say wild Turkey is tough and not that great of table fare. I agree it isn't a farm raised Butterball, but those wild birds are still pretty tasty. Last fall my roommates shot a few wild Turkey's in Nebraska we cooked them up in a crock pot in a french onion soup. All I have to say is "YUMMY".

No comments: