Friday, June 5, 2009

Rat Race


Yesterday I was chatting with one of my favorite clients. He mentioned to me that he had just received his 30 day notice. He is in his fifties and has put in over twenty years with his current employer. He is completely crushed and at a loss of what to do.

This post goes out to my friend and everyone else in a similar position. Secretly I wonder if it is a blessing in disguise, then I think to myself he has a house payment, a wife, and children. That is a scary thought to me.

Yesterday I found myself in a form of depression thinking about my friend. I decided the following:
1. I do not want to get caught in the rat race of life and spend my life working for the man.
2. I want to live my life everyday! I don't want to start living at age sixty five.
3. I want to attend my future children's school activities and little league games without asking my boss if I can leave early.
4. I want to travel the world with my family.
5. God bless America! If anyone has a chance at this kind of Freedom it is us!

I hope one day we can all be financially and time stable so that we can all play with the people we love most and spend lots of time outside.

1 comment:

Shawn K. Wayment, DVM said...

Eric...so wise at such a young age! I couldn't agree more with you!