Sunday, May 17, 2009

On The Run!



Here is an excerpt from the book "Travels With Charley" by, my favorite author, John Steinbeck. "When I was young the urge to be someplace else was on me, I was assured by mature people that maturity would cure this itch... Nothing has worked. Four hoarse blasts of a ship's whistle still raise the hair on my neck and set my feet to tapping. The sound of a jet, an engine warming up, even the clopping of shod hooves on pavement bring an ancient shudder, a dry mouth and vacant eye, the hot palms and the churn of the stomach high up under the rib cage. In other words I don't improve; in further words once a bum always a bum. I feel the disease is incurable."

According to John Steinbeck I am a bum and it isn't curable. So I will stop trying to fight the urge.

Here are a few pictures of my current adventure to the Big Island of Hawaii.


No comments: